Kaplan Law Practice, LLC – Intellectual Property and Business Law Scholarship
In order to encourage the genuine interest and committed engagement to the practice of intellectual property law and/or business law, Kaplan Law Group, LLC is proud to sponsor a $1,000 scholarship opportunity open to those interested in pursuing the study of these fields of American law.
When Kaplan Law Practice LLC was founded, our team became committed to providing competent legal services to regular people at affordable rates. At the forefront of our practice is the understanding that what we do has consequences for the lives, businesses, and aspirations held by our clients. We are actively seeking scholarship candidates similarly committed to the practice of intellectual property and/or business law – first and foremost – directed by the needs of “everyday” creators, dreamers, and business owners.
To foster a desire to serve industrious inventors and business owners alike, our firm has created a scholarship for students who are either currently enrolled in an undergraduate or advanced degree program or who plan to enroll in a degree-granting program that promotes legal education opportunities.
Kaplan Law Group, LLC will be awarding a $1,000 scholarship to a Junior/Senior in high school, and to a student pursuing college or an advanced degree of any type. Those awarded these scholarships must meet the eligibility and selection criteria outlined below.
Eligibility and Scholarship Selection Criteria
To be considered, applicants must demonstrate that their experience fulfills the following eligibility requirements and selection criteria:
- This scholarship is offered to high school Juniors and Seniors, as well as any student currently enrolled in an accredited community college, undergraduate, or graduate program in the United States.
- The scholarship candidate must possess an interest in studying U.S. law. This interest may be demonstrated by relevant life experiences, past and/or present volunteer experiences, educational experiences, and/or professional experience.
- The scholarship candidate must be in good academic standing, with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
Please note that the scholarship funds can be applied to tuition, room and board, books, and/or other fees, at the high school, community college, undergraduate, or graduate program where the student is currently enrolled or will eventually be enrolled, provided that the program in question is accredited and located within the United States.
Scholarship Application Requirements
To be considered for this scholarship, please submit the following documentation:
- A current resume
- A current unofficial transcript from the applicant’s high school or college.
- An essay (1,000-word limit) responding to one of these prompts:
- Ralph Waldo Emerson once observed that “There is no better way to exercise the imagination than the study of law.” Do you view the study of law to be a creative and/or imaginative pursuit? Why or why not?
- One of the many considerations that creators and business owners alike must grapple with when meeting their legal needs in estate planning. How would you go about beginning to advise an investor or business owner to start planning for a world in which their hard work is no longer within their individual control?
- What inspires you to study law and what do you plan to do after pursuing your education in intellectual property law and/or business law?
The Kaplan Law Practice, LLC Intellectual Property, and Business Law Scholarship winners will be announced in June of 2022.
Scholarship Application Instructions
Scholarship applicants should send all required documentation noted above via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The official submission deadline for all application materials is May 1, 2022.